Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Amazing Lotion Bar

I found Majestic Mountain Sage a few years ago.  I was in my make my own lotions etc. phase.  I stumbled across this recipe on their site and decided to try it.  It is simply amazing!  I have terribly dry cracky heels and going 4 months in flip-flops doesn't help.  I won't post pictures. No one wants to see that.  But when I use this lotion bar on my feet at night and put socks on, in the morning they are  completely TRANSFORMED!  I'm not kidding.  I have a friend whose husband works in construction which means his hands are like sandpaper.  They tried some of this and Voila! soft nice hands again.   The recipe is really easy.  They post the ingredients in ounces and I do have a scale, but I'd rather use measuring cups so I weighed then measured so I'll list both amounts.  

Here's the ingredients.

Lotion Bar

1.5 oz wt Beeswax  or 1/3 cup
1 oz wt Regular Cocoa Butter or White Cocoa Butter or a scant 1/4 cup
1.5 oz wt Shea Butter Refined or just shy of 1/4 cup like this:
 2 oz Sweet Almond oil or 1/3 cup
1/4 tsp Vitamin E Acetate

Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl like this:
Heat to melt and stir until completely melted and combined.

 It will be clear like this.
I found this cute metal tin at Michael's for $2.  One batch fits perfectly in the tin.

Pour liquid in the tin and stick it in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to solidify.
When it's done it will look like this and have the faint smell of Chocolate!  Who doesn't love that!?!  The lotion bar is a little greasy so I just hold the tin and rub it on my heels. It works great!

This would be a perfect spa gift for your BFF.  Trust me, anyone you give this to will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button