Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Roasted Smashed Potatoes

I discovered my new favorite way to make potatoes.  It was in The Costco Magazine but I adjusted it  a little.

Get 1 1/2 to 2 inch red potatoes.
Cook in microwave in covered container with about 1/2 inches water in bottom for about 10-14 minutes, or til fork tender.

 Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.  Evenly space potatoes and drizzle with olive oil.

 Take another baking sheet and evenly smash down potatoes.  Drizzle again with olive oil and season to taste.  I used my favorite savory blend.  The Costco recipe says use Thyme, Salt, & Pepper.

Set oven to broil and place potatoes on the next to the top rack for 5 minues, then the bottom rack for 5 minutes til nicely browned.  I served mine with steamed asparagus and chicken cooked like this.
So quick, easy and super Yummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button