Monday, November 19, 2012

A Scrapy Turkey Lurkey


I finally got my little Turkey Lurkey finished.

I knew I had posted the pattern for this cute little guy a while ago but when I went back through my blog post list, I realized it was in 2009 that I originally posted the pattern.

2009.
I can't believe it.

You can see it here.

Well he's finally done.

I used several of my scraps to make the feathers, and added some fun elements to the finished project.

Let me show you.
 Here's a close-up of his face.  I used some small black buttons for his eyes, and a soda pop tab for the buckle on his hat band.  Each of the pieces were ironed on with interfacing, then hand stitched in place.  You could also easily use a sharpie to get a similar look.

Here's his scrawny Turkey legs, hand stitched.


I used the remaining scraps to make the binding around the edges.

There is a dowel at the top to keep him flat and some scrap burlap for the ties.

Turkey Lurkey says,
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Be sure to stop back tomorrow.  I'll be sharing what I'm making for Thanksgiving. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button