Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Advent Calendar

 I can't believe it's November already.  Luckily I had this almost finished before the month began.  Just a few finishing touches and it's ready to go.  My sister {R} had the idea and put the supplies together for me.  She even ordered the little library card holders for each pocket.

I love how it turned out.







The board is just a piece of cheap MDF.  I gave it a light wash of green, and added the vinyl lettering.

I covered the pockets with some Thanksgiving paper from my stash, then stamped the numbers with my Technique Tuesday rubber stamps.

The cards for the pockets were cut from cardstock, then stamped with stamps from My Sentiments Excactly.

I thought about adding a ribbon to the top of each card, but decided against it.

The pockets were adhered to the board with a glue gun.


Some of the pockets got a little ribbon trim for added dimention.  I love being random!




The plan is for each family member to take a day and write what they are thankful for.  I will keep them and get them out next year, possibly making a Scrapbook page from the cards.  If I do, I will definitely share.

Here's to a whole month of Gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button