Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescape

It's that time of year again.  I love the holidays and all the beautiful earthy colors.  Of course Red is my favorite, but it also looks fabulous with oranges, yellows and greens too.  I just wish Arizona had 4 seasons.  I really love seeing the leaves change color.  I guess it will just make trips to the mountians more spectacular.
I wanted to create a pretty table centerpiece this year and I think it turned out beautiful.

I made the black cupcake stand.  It's made from particle board, cut and routered, some wooden knobs for the feet, two old chair rungs for the supports and an a finial for the top.

The inside has gourds, pumpkins, squash, a candle, berries, and silk flowers.


 I made the table runner out of burlap.  I just cut some strips, wove them together, and sewed them in place.  
Simple and rustic.

Lay out the burlap and decide the width of the strips.  Pull one string out like shown.  This will give you straight lines for the strips.












Cut along the lines created.
Start weaving the strips, starting with one corner.
Pin strips in place to hold.
Keep adding strips alternating sides and weaving them in place.
Use pins to hold them.

When you have the size you want, stitch along the outside first.  I did two lines on either side of the outer strip.
Then one center line down each inner strip to hold the whole thing together.




You can see my Gratitude board in the background.




  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button