Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wall Art Week - Part 1


I have been working on stuff lately, just not getting around to posting about it. 
Sorry about that.

So I've been commissioned.

What?

Well I posted a couple of my birds and burlap and pallet wood pieces on a local Facebook group.  One of the ladies on their found me and asked if I would want to put some of my pieces in her store.

Um.. YES!

So now I finally get to play and make a little cash to support my crafting addiction.
Totally a WIN - WIN!

So I thought I'd try doing a little chevron and burlap combination.
It turned out to be way easier than I originally imagined, especially since 
I am extremely math challenged.

So let me show you how I put this little beauty together.

First I covered a few pieces of particle board with burlap and stapled them in place.


Next I pulled out a piece of contact paper.
I'm beginning to really love this stuff.
There are so many ways you can use it.
Today was just one fabulous example.


So I knew there are the little squares on the backing of the Contact paper.
This would greatly help my math challenged brain to make perfect chevrons.
Well almost.
There aren't the squares all over the backing, they take it out for the instructions.
Darn.
So as you can see by my lines I muffed it up a few times trying to get them even and straight.
That's ok.
You don't need the backing really anyway.
After I was happy with the chevrons, I cut them out.


Next I laid them on the burlap and gently pressed them in place.


Here's a close-up.


They are long enough to wrap around the board which was exactly what I wanted.


While strolling through my local Lowe's I found this little tub of paint sample.
$1.25.  Sold!


Now just use a sponge brush and pounce the paint on.


Keep going, moving the contact paper further down as you work.
This contact paper worked for at least 3 boards.
I love it when stuff is re-usable!


After a few hours in the hot AZ sun to dry, I created this word graphic. 
I added the word graphic with my projector and a sharpie.
Easy peasy.  Just like the one I made here.







I love how it turned out.
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute!!!
    When you say you used your projector to add the words what did you do exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back later this week and I will give a full Projector tutorial. Or you can go back to this post. It will give you a good idea of my process.
    http://seeshellspace.blogspot.com/2012/08/projectors-and-burlap.html

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button